Cathy Kerr and Jody Neilsen presented NSW’s first SCCP/Level 1 program to 18 Manly Warringah participants. The feedback was extremely positive both from the participants and the presenters.
What aspect of the course was most helpful and why?:
- The game activities to teach to the young one’s when warming up
- The Softball Batter up (the technical element of Level 1)
- The game play activities were beneficial as well as the practical learning of the skills
- Practical and take away examples
- Loved the flash cards for training guides
- Demonstration of the skills
- Community coaching, learning a different focus – excited for training next week
- How to pitch and catch
- The fundamental skills and activities
- All interactive was most helpful as the skills being learnt were automatically reinforced and ‘keyed’ in. Visual is an awesome way to learn – Awesome, Well done! Thank you. I learnt heaps!!
So if your club or association have been thinking about running a Level 1 Coach accreditation, give some thought to running the combined SCCP/Level 1. The participants receive two accreditations in the one program.